I am a fan of soups and there are more than one reason. Not only are soups enriching and nutritious, they are easy and quick to make , retain most of the vitamins and minerals since there is hardly any concept of frying involved, its filling yet light and a very good idea for maintaining the equator that runs on our body. (I hope you got that 😉 )
Broccoli wasn’t really my favorite 2 years ago and I am sure that is my fault because I really did not know much how to use this wonderful green produce that is so rich in fiber, protein, is a natural detox, helps in lowering cholesterol, cures deficiencies like vitamin A,K &D along with anti-inflammatory benefits and so much more than just what appears.
I personally, like adding other veggies like a couple of spinach leaves, some baby carrots along with the broccoli of course to make my soup more wholesome. And as a tip, next time you have broccoli at home, you may want to think again about throwing off the stems. Yeah, right. They also belong to the plant and have enough nutrition and capacity to add to your soup.
So making the ‘almost long’ story short, here is what you need to do to make this quick fix easy, creamy, rich, green soup.
From your Refrigerator:
- 5-7 baby carrots
- 4-5 baby spinach leaves
And from your Pantry:
- Pepper to season
- A tsp of olive oil
- Some coconut cream
- Any vegan butter (if you would like to). I’d prefer to use the Earth Balance classic flavor.
And now to Prepare:
- Place some water to boil.
- Chop your broccoli into florets and along with the stems in small pieces.
- Chop up some carrots
- Add some spinach leaves
- Now add all these veggies into the boiling water sprinkled with some salt and cover with a lid for 5-8 minutes or until the carrots and the broccoli and its stems turn soft.
- Now drain the veggies in a strainer but do retain the stock. You will need this stock to make your soup. Trust me. 🙂
- Now in a blender add all the veggies, while hot and some part of this stock, with a seasoning of pepper, olive oil and some salt as per your taste and blend for a minute and in no time you should be seeing a lovely green color smooth preparation and that is exactly what you were looking for.
- Add some more of that stock depending on the desired consistency of the soup and you are almost done.
- And finally to garnish you may add some vegan butter and a dollop of coconut cream and that adds to the texture and taste of your soup.
- There is absolutely no need to wait for this soup to cool down now. Grab your spoon and enjoy this healthy soup with a couple of slices of toasted garlic bread, a vegan ceaser salad or all that your creative tummy may be asking for. 🙂
I hope you enjoy making this easy-peasy rich and famous broccoli soup and if yes, please share a word. Thanks a ton! 🙂