These brownies have waited long to be this tempting that they hardly lasted a day.
Making brownies and that too Vegan ones was little challenging since I was absolutely not sure of the outcome when I had to minus the eggs and the butter but once done, it couldn’t have been any simpler and they are worthy to be part of my journal so that I can always look back on them.
Here is the short and quick ingredient list:
- 1 cup all purpose/plain flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp of instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup of any vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp of sifted flax seed powder along with 6 tbsp of lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk. I prefer using Soya Milk.
Once all your dry ingredients are well sifted, make a well and pour in all the wet ingredients and mix the batter well. This batter shall be thicker as compared to that of a cake but we need some dense brownies right?
Pour this mixture in a greased or lined tin or tray of your choice and put it right into your oven for 30 min at 180 degrees and there you are with your batch of perfect dense brownies that are awesomely vegan and guilt free.
I loved having these for a dinner held at my place followed with my steaming cup of coffee the next morning. And yes, all that was left was SMILES. 🙂